Will Tennyson is a famous fitness YouTuber.
He has more than a million subscribers on his YouTube channel by name, Will Tennyson.
Will Tennyson was born on 30 August 1994.
He hails from Toronto, Canada.
Will’s mother, Nancy Tennyson is also a fitness YouTuber and she started her YouTube channel by name, Mama Tenny at 60.
His father helps him as a manager.
Will has an older sister, Victoria and a younger sister, Elizabeth.
Victoria works as a lawyer and Elizabeth did a PhD in Neuroscience.
Will did a three-year BA general program from University of Guelph, in Guelph, Canada.
Then, he attended George Brown College in Toronto for a one year small business entrepreneurship degree.
Growing up, Will was a chubby kid.
Even though his mother was a fitness conscious woman and only fed him healthy foods, he became overweight by overeating the healthy foods.
While in his 11th grade, Will was 270 pounds.
A sous-chef & an athlete-
From a young age, Will developed a passion for cooking and wanted to grow up to become a chef.
He used to be a sous-chef and assist his mother in cooking during the family parties.
And even though Will was heavy, he was a good hockey player.
He started playing hockey at 6 and played until he went to the university.
Will played AAA Hockey and also played golf and pickup basketball.
Much like him, his father is also an athlete.
Will’s father has a black belt in karate and while studying in high school, he narrowly missed qualifying for the 100-metre dash (sprint) for the Olympics.
Humiliations & a pivotal moment-
As Will was overweight, he was humiliated in school and he was also very self-conscious about himself.
Once, he along with his high school friends went for lunch to a pizza place.
Here, after they finished lunch, the owner of the pizza place handed everyone a lollipop except to Will and when he requested for one, the owner said that he shouldn’t have one.
His friends burst into laughter after listening to this and this was a pivotal moment in his life, as during that night he decided to start losing weight.
Suffering from an eating disorder-
In the initial couple of months, Will started losing weight by following healthy diet habits.
But after a couple of months, as he lost 30 pounds, he decided to hasten the process of losing weight by skipping meals.
So, Will started skipping his lunches and after returning home from school, he started running on the treadmill for many hours.
Thanks to his eating disorder, he lost much weight and was starving, his weight dropped to 135 pounds and he started appearing malnourished.
This negatively affected Will’s stamina as he found it difficult to walk and play hockey.
At that time, he wasn’t working out and he lost his weight only by controlling his diet.
Introduced to fitness-
As his father was very concerned with his health, he introduced Will to fitness.
He started working out and lifting in the downstairs of his home and his father became his personal trainer.
Later, Will’s mother also started teaching him about fitness and he started attending Orangetheory Fitness along with his mother.
Only after three years of training, he realised the importance of diet and started researching about diet.
Initially, Will was intensely working out all through the week without rest days.
Later, he joined the Kinobody Program and as a part of the program he started working out only three days a week and taking rest days for the remaining four days of the week.
Thanks to this, Will started growing and feeling good about himself.
Will’s secrets for a lean & muscular body-
Initially, as Will didn’t have a good knowledge of nutrition and fitness, even though he developed muscles, he also started accumulating fat.
Later, he started researching and experimenting with his nutrition and thanks to this, he became lean and muscular.
Will follows the following tips-
- Eating a high protein diet.
- Increasing non-exercise activity thermogenesis (NEAT), that means, apart from exercising, he also expends his energy on daily activities like doing yard work, walking, etc.
- Focusing on training instead of working out without any structure. Will progressively overloads his body which means he works out more than he did the previous week.
- He avoids drinking sweet beverages like juice, pop, etc. as these are empty calories.
- Will tracks his calories and is mindful of his food consumption.
His YouTube channel-
Will started his YouTube channel by name, Will Tennyson on 2 April 2015 but started publishing videos onto it only from 26 June 2019.
He uses a Canon EOS M50 camera.
As of March 2022, Will has more than a million subscribers onto his YouTube channel and has more than 300 thousand followers on Instagram.
He has an editor for editing his YouTube videos.
Will also collaborated with Nick Bare, a famous fitness YouTuber in some of his videos.
He also sells merchandise through his website.
Ollie was Will’s pet dog and it also had an Instagram account.
Ollie passed away in December 2020.
Will is in a relationship with Kaitlyn.
Initially, they met at a gym and his friend, Dylan helped him and Kaitlyn to open up and this started their relationship.
Will lives in Toronto, Canada.
Some interesting facts about Will-
- Will was about to attend the Le Cordon Bleu Ottawa Culinary Arts Institute in Ottawa, Canada but he dropped this plan because by that time, he was attracted towards fitness.
- At 17, he worked as a server and prior to this he used to occasionally babysit. He also worked as a personal trainer.
- Will’s future plans are to release a cookbook and a fitness app and also to own a donut shop, bakery and a restaurant.
- He loves anabolic cooking.
- Will loves eating authentic Italian foods, donuts, seafoods and brick oven pizzas.
- He is a hodophile and loves travelling to Copenhagen, Sweden, Italy, London, Australia, Japan, etc.
- Jake Gyllenhaal is Will’s favourite actor and his favourite actresses are Amy Adams and Rachel McAdams.
- His favourite movies are Southpaw, Nocturnal Animals, Nightcrawler and Prisoners.
- Will is also a music lover and is a fan of Ali Gatie. He also does rock climbing.
- He is tall at 6 feet.
- Will’s favourite TV shows are How I Met Your Mother, The Vampire Diaries, One Tree Hill and Friday Night Lights.
So, how are you inspired by the success story of Will Tennyson?
Share with me in the comment section below.
Table of Contents
Sharing is caring!
Researching and writing an article takes many days of effort; so, it would be nice if you share the article!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks to all of you curious readers, this website has crossed a million views!