Steve Wallis is an outdoorsman, camper, and a popular YouTuber.
He has more than 1.4M subscribers on his eponymous YouTube channel.
Steve Wallis was born on 10 September 1981.
He hails from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
As a kid, Steve loved filming videos and entertaining people.
He wanted to grow up to make a career in videography and photography and produce documentaries.
His YouTube channel-
His friend had a YouTube channel with around fifty subscribers and Steve was confident that he could do better than him and as he always liked shooting videos, he started his eponymous YouTube channel on 20 April 2010.
After producing a video or two, he forgot about his channel and continued with his life.
After a few years, Steve logged into his YouTube channel and observed that he had gained around a thousand subscribers and so, he decided to resume working on his channel.
During that time, he was going to school.
Steve started boondocking and camping and publishing these videos onto his channel.
As his videos started becoming viral, he started working consistently on his YouTube channel.
The success of one of his videos, ‘Polar Vortex Winter Camping in -32 Degrees With Wood Stove & Tent’ inspired Steve to seriously work on his channel.
After boondocking, he started stealth camping and started loving the sneaky aspect of it.
Steve lived (did boondocking) full-time in his RV for three years on a coast.
An unusual love story-
On his first day of his summer job at a cemetery in Edmonton, Steve saw Jessica Audrey and instantly fell in love with her.
At that time, she too was working at that cemetery.
Later, Jessica moved to Hungary for a year to study for music education from Kodály Institute in Kecskemét, Hungary and Steve followed her to Hungary to express his love for her.
In 2016, they got engaged and later, they got married.
Steve nicknamed his wife as beautiful wife.
She used to work as a music teacher.
Unfortunately, Jessica passed away on 20 August 2022 in sleep.
Steve did a job of selling furnaces on the phone, but he didn’t like this job at all because he felt like he was ripping his customers.
So, he quit this job and started working more seriously on his YouTube channel in order to earn a living from his channel.
Apart from being a YouTuber, Steve is self-employed by other means like he works as a builder and also repairs furnaces.
He also runs a heating and gas company, ‘Hunker Down Heating.’
Since 2021, Steve is focusing more on his YouTube channel than his other occupations.
His neighbour, Glenn Brown (alias crazy neighbour), inspired him to become self-employed.
Glenn is also a YouTuber and has a YouTube channel, ‘Crazy Neighbour.’
A successful YouTuber-
As of December 2023, Steve has 1.45M subscribers on his eponymous YouTube channel.
On 6 May 2020, he started his second YouTube channel, ‘Steve Wallis Step 2;’ as of December 2023, he has 155K subscribers on it.
Steve uses a Sony a7C Mirrorless Full Frame camera.
He earns mainly through YouTube advertisement revenue, and he also sells merchandise and accepts donations through PayPal which he refers to as ‘Beer donations’.
He hasn’t revealed his net worth.
Steve has a website.
Currently, he lives in Edmonton, Alberta.
Some interesting facts about Steve Wallis-
- His fans call him the Bob Ross of camping.
- Steve’s often used phrase- ‘Step 2’ means enjoying a drink, usually beer, after setting up his camp (‘Step 1’). He inspects his surroundings while sipping the beverage.
- He is good friends with Mavrik Joos (Mav), a camper, outdoorsman, and a popular YouTuber with more than 2.4M subscribers.
- Apart from camping, gold mining, rafting, cycling and fishing are his hobbies.
- Steve is a fan of Joe Robinet and his videos. Joe is an outdoorsman, and a popular YouTuber with more than 1.5M subscribers.
- He likes to shelter on a hammock.
- Fall followed by spring are Steve’s favourite seasons for camping.
- In fall, the temperature would be right and insects would be fewer and trees would be full of leaves providing cover and in spring time, the temperature would be perfect.
- Steve suffers from colour blindness.
- He is catholic.
- Steve loves folk music and music of CCR and Donovan Woods. Also, he sings and plays guitar.
- He was in the Air Cadets and took aircrew survival training.
- Steve’s dream is to camp in the far north of Alaska, United States.
So, how are you inspired by the success story of Steve Wallis?
Share with me in the comment section below.
Table of Contents
Sharing is caring!
Researching and writing an article takes many days of effort; so, it would be nice if you share the article!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.