Emelia Hartford is a gearhead, actress, and a popular YouTuber.
She has more than 1.3M subscribers on her YouTube channel, ‘EmeliaHartford.’
Emelia Hartford was born on 29 July 1993.
She hails from California, United States.
Her father was a Caribbean Italian, and her mother is a French German.
Emelia had a brother, Ryan.
A difficult childhood-
While growing up, Emelia suffered both physical and mental abuse and suffered from depression and anxiety.
Her father suffered a motorcycle accident and due to this, his whole left side of the body got paralysed.
Later, he committed suicide by shooting himself in the head and at that time, Emelia was 16.
On July 2019, her brother also committed suicide.
Emelia’s future plan is to start a foundation for people suffering with depression and anxiety.
Love for cars-
Emelia frequently changed high schools and she moved to Indiana to join in her fourth high school after losing her father.
Here, she decided to buy her first car with the money that she saved up for her college.
During that time, even though Emelia was interested in cars, she didn’t know a lot about them, so she started researching online in forums and on Google and learnt almost all the aspects of cars.
Thanks to the research, she fell in love with Japanese cars and bought a 2005 Infiniti G35 car made by Infiniti Motor Company, a Japanese automaker.
Working on cars-
Emelia got invited to a night car meet in Indiana and here she met Bcrew (B in Bcrew stands for Bloomington, a city in Indiana).
Thanks to the Bcrew, she started doing motor swaps, modding and tuning and gained hands-on experience in working with cars.
Emelia also started participating in car racings and attending autocross events.
College & career-
During that time, Emelia was attending college and was also working in three jobs.
She was working at a restaurant and was also working as a park staff at Paoli Peaks, a ski resort in Indiana.
As cars have always been her hobby, Emelia joined college for studying auto mechanics and here, she learnt about engine maintenance, transmission drive shaft differential suspension, etc.
After studying for a couple of years, she dropped out of college because at that time, she didn’t want to pursue a career in auto mechanics.
Emelia learnt more about cars by working in the car garage than attending the college.
Since her childhood, Emelia wanted to grow up to become an actress and so she pursued acting at 20.
She started acting and modelling but later as her business of building and modifying cars grew and as she didn’t like skin shows, she quit acting and completely focused on her car business.
Emelia was also a writer and producer and is a Level 7 Alumni of iO West.
Later, she resumed acting and acted in a few TV films and TV series like SEMA: Battle of the Builders, Men, Women, & Reality, Fastest Car and A California Christmas: City Lights.
A California Christmas: City Lights was released on 16 December 2021.
Emelia also got featured in a few feature films like From Mexico With Love and Nightfall.
YouTube as an escape-
On 18 January 2017, Emelia started her YouTube channel, ‘EmeliaHartford;’ at that time, she was also working at a restaurant, which she hated.
She started a YouTube channel because she liked filming cars and also hoped that YouTube would turn into a full-time career so that she could quit working at the restaurant.
Her mother and her friend, Shawn and Evan Shanks of ‘TJ Hunt’ inspired her to start a YouTube channel.
Emelia invested all her bank balance to purchase a camera for shooting videos.
Eventually, she became a successful YouTuber.
As of November 2023, she has 1.35M subscribers on her YouTube channel, 1.3M followers on Instagram, and 865K followers on Facebook page.
Emelia also has a website.
Previously, she worked for the ‘DailyDrivenExotics’ YouTube channel.
Some interesting facts about Emelia Hartford-
- Emelia’s dream car is a Ferrari F40. Older Ferrari and Porsche cars are also her favourites.
- Her favourite YouTubers are Jon Olsson and Casey Neistat.
- Emelia’s future plans are to become a lead actress in action packed feature films and to own multiple businesses.
- Once upon a time, she was unhealthy and anorexic.
- Wakeboarding, snowboarding and indoor climbing were Emelia’s favourite sports.
- Previously, she was a bodybuilder but stopped bodybuilding after a bike accident.
- Emelia was a tomboy while growing up. She preferred playing with Tonka trucks rather than Barbie dolls.
- She created a world record for the fastest C8 Corvette.
So, how are you inspired by the success story of Emelia Hartford?
Share with me in the comment section below.
Enjoyed reading the story of Emelia Hartford?
You’ll also love the hand-picked stories of-
- Alex Hirschi (Supercar Blondie), a popular automotive YouTuber with more than 16M subscribers. She has 54M followers on her Facebook page. She has been a gearhead since a young age and grew up to make a career in it.
- Sarah Greenwood (Sarah -n- Tuned), a car enthusiast, and a popular automotive YouTuber with a love for building and detailing cars.
- James (TheStradman), a gearhead with a love for supercars, and a popular YouTuber with more than 4M subscribers. In his second grade, he fell in love with cars and never looked back.
Table of Contents
Sharing is caring!
Researching and writing an article takes many days of effort; so, it would be nice if you share the article!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks to all of you curious readers, this website has crossed a million views!