Andrew Davidson is a popular outdoorsman and YouTuber.
He has more than half a million subscribers on his YouTube channel, ‘Kent Survival.’
Andrew Davidson was born on 5 November and hails from Kent, England, United Kingdom.
Initially, he grew up in the urban space and so, wasn’t aware of the beauty of the outdoors but this love for outdoors kicked in when he moved to live in a house near heathland.
In his mid-teens, Andrew along with his friends used to spend a lot of time in the woods doing outdoor activities like building shelters and camping.
Most of the time, they didn’t even have tarps and they used to just sleep in sleeping bags in the open air and would move under trees for cover during rains.
Andrew was also a scout.
In his twenties, Andrew became a landscape photographer and used to travel around Kent and camp in the woods and in historic abandoned locations and wait for the perfect timings to capture sunrises and sunsets.
As a photographer, he also travelled to the Peak District National Park and Cornish coastline.
Andrew also developed an interest in survival prepping.
Andrew did a job for a decade and then quit it.
He ran a barbecue company and catered barbecue and made barbecue sauces and thanks to this, he fell in love with cooking and this is the reason for him to publish many cooking videos on his YouTube channel.
As Andrew didn’t have the required capital to scale his barbecue company, he closed it after a couple of years.
Then, he became a carpenter and later he became a full-time YouTuber.
Inspired to start a YouTube channel-
He started his channel as this would force him to do outdoor activities and learn new skills.
As Andrew is based in Kent, England, he named his channel, Kent Survival.
He started off his channel with his Canon 550D camera but it didn’t have autofocus at that time, so he bought a second camera, a Panasonic Camcorder HC-V210 and started using these two cameras to shoot videos.
Becoming a successful YouTuber-
As of November 2023, Andrew has 595K subscribers on his Kent Survival YouTube channel.
His background in filmmaking (he studied filmmaking in college) and design helped him in his success.
Andrew earns through a variety of sources like advertisements on his YouTube videos, sponsorships, affiliate marketing, selling merchandise and through accepting donations through Patreon and PayPal.
On 27 May 2020, he started his second YouTube channel by name, Kent Survival Gear & Review and on this channel he reviews outdoor gear.
Andrew has a website.
His favourite channels-
The following are Andrew’s favourite camping and bushcraft YouTube channels-
- Joe Robinet (read the story of Joe Robinet).
- My Self Reliance (read the story of Shawn James).
- Simon, a bloke in the woods.
- Cowboy Kent Rollins.
Andrew hasn’t revealed much about his personal life except in one of his videos that his girlfriend is Nico.
Some interesting facts about Andrew Davidson-
- He is a fan of heavy metal music especially the Blues and he also likes classic rock and Led Zeppelin album covers.
- Andrew loves camping in the autumn season and hates camping in the summer heat.
- His dream is to camp in Canada’s boreal forest and in Sweden and Scotland.
- As Andrew isn’t a people person and introvert, he enjoys camping, bushcrafting and cooking alone.
- He never served in the military.
- While camping Andrew always carries an umbrella, sunglasses, painkillers, wet wipes, tissues, food, phone charger, glass breaker (which also doubles as a seatbelt cutter), Gerber Blend Bear Grylls Ultimate Multi-Tool, etc.
- Dartmoor is his favourite camping spot as he likes the openness and remoteness of this place. He also enjoys camping in Woodland.
So, how are you inspired by the success story of Andrew Davidson?
Share with me in the comment section below.
Enjoyed reading the story of Andrew Davidson?
You’ll also love the hand-picked stories of-
- Elisabeth Puntigam aka Survival Lilly, a popular Austrian outdoorswoman and survivalist.
- Shawn Kelly (Corporals Corner), a former Marine Corps who turned into a popular outdoorsman and YouTuber.
- Steve Wallis, a popular Canadian outdoorsman, and camper.
Table of Contents
Sharing is caring!
Researching and writing an article takes many days of effort; so, it would be nice if you share the article!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks to all of you curious readers, this website has crossed a million views!