Jonna Jinton is a popular Swedish YouTuber.
She has more than 5M subscribers on her eponymous YouTube channel.
Jonna is also a photographer, musician, artist and nemophilist.
Jonna Jinton was born on 29 June 1989 and her hometown is Gothenburg, Sweden.
Her mother, Anita, helps her as an administrator for her business and her father, Ulf, also helps her in her business.
Jonna has two siblings, an elder brother, Isac, and a younger brother, Filip, who works as an economist.
Longing for nature-
Up until 2010, Jonna was living in an apartment with her family in Gothenburg city.
Here, she was studying to be a nurse assistant and became depressed with city life.
So, Jonna dreamt of moving to the countryside and at that time, her mother also shared this dream.
At that time, she used to immerse herself in playing video games like World of Warcraft to escape her unhappy city life.
Moving to Grundtjärn & initial struggles-
In 2010, at 21, Jonna quit her studies and moved to Grundtjärn, a tiny Swedish village located amidst forest.
At that time, it had just ten inhabitants.
She moved to Grundtjärn as she had roots there for twelve generations and also, the nature and silence of the village enticed her.
Even though Jonna felt at home in the village, during that time, she didn’t have a job and money and was clueless about her future.
Also, she struggled with the long cold winters and had to dedicate most of her time to just keep her old house warm.
Realising her dreams-
Even though living in Grundtjärn was challenging, this didn’t affect Jonna’s love for the village and so, she started exploring opportunities by which she could make a living while staying in the village itself.
She started with photography.
Even though Jonna had a camera while living in Gothenburg city, as she wasn’t inspired by the city life there, she didn’t start photography but later when she moved to Grundtjärn, she got inspired by the scenic nature here and started photography.
Then, she started a blog, ‘Jonna Jinton Sweden‘ and started blogging.
Thanks to the blog, Jonna started making a living.
Apart from blogging and photography, she also started running a jewellery business, ‘Jonna Jinton Sweden’ along with her mother and Johan.
Later, she also started producing music and art; she also sells her art.
She also partnered with IKEA to sell one of her photos as a canvas.
On 20 January 2011, Jonna started her eponymous YouTube channel to publish nature videos and vlogs.
She published her first video titled ‘www.jonnajinton.se “Vinterpromenad”’ on 20 January 2011.
As of December 2023, she has 5.06M subscribers on her YouTube channel, 1.5M followers on Instagram and 1M followers on her Facebook page.
Jonna won the Cinematography award at the ‘2021 YouTube Streamy Awards’ for her YouTube channel.
Prior to this, she also won many awards like Simply Hike Blogger Awards, Angermannalagets Culture award, The inspirer of the year-Finest Awards, etc.
Jonna earns through a variety of sources like advertisements and ‘Super Thanks’ on her YouTube channel, affiliate marketing and through her blog and jewellery and art businesses.
Jonna hasn’t revealed her net worth.
Jonna met Johan through her blog.
Johan used to write beautiful and wise comments on her blog and soon, they started communicating through emails and she fell in love with him over emails.
Unlike other men, he wasn’t desperate to meet Jonna in person even though he lived just a few miles away from her and she liked this aspect of him.
In October 2015, she invited him to dinner and they met in person for the first time.
They got engaged in July 2016 and later, they got married on 13 July 2019.
He works as a full-time silversmith for Jonna’s jewellery brand.
Some interesting facts about Jonna Jinton-
- Jonna’s home is beneath the beautiful northern lights in Grundtjärn.
- She is skilled at stone balancing and this is her hobby. She believes that by balancing stones, she can balance herself.
- Jonna is an animal lover and has a pet dog, a couple of cats, and a pet cow.
- Her pet dog, Nanook, is a mix of Golden Retriever, Flat-coated Retriever and Labrador Retriever.
- Jonna’s pet cow’s name is Stjärna. Stjärna means star in English.
- She is a non-vegetarian as she occasionally consumes fish and moose meat.
- Her zodiac sign is Cancer.
- Jonna is 67 inches (170.18 centimetres) tall.
- She likes the clothing styles of the yester centuries. As she started photographing herself, she started collecting beautiful dresses. Her dream is to have her own clothing brand.
So, how are you inspired by the success story of Jonna Jinton?
Share with me in the comment section below.
Enjoyed reading the story of Jonna Jinton?
You’ll also love the hand-picked stories of-
- Dani Connor, a wildlife photographer, and a popular content creator. After being fed up with the city life in London, she travelled to the woods in Sweden and later, made it her home.
- Paola Merrill (TheCottageFairy), an artist, writer, and a popular YouTuber with more than 1.4M subscribers. She quit her job in the town and moved to a cottage in a valley and built her career here.
- Kiun B, popular Siberian YouTuber with more than 1M subscribers. She is popular for sharing her life in Yakutia, the coldest inhabited region on Earth.
Table of Contents
Sharing is caring!
Researching and writing an article takes many days of effort; so, it would be nice if you share the article!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.