Kiun B is a popular Siberian YouTuber.
She has more than 800 thousand subscribers on her eponymous YouTube channel.
Kiun is popular for sharing her life in Yakutia, the coldest inhabited region on Earth.
Kiunnei Bosikova (Kiun B) was born on 5 November in Yakutsk, Sakha Republic (Yakutiya), Russia and grew up here.
She is a Russian and belongs to the Yakuts (Sakha) ethnic group.
In one of her videos, Kiun shared her DNA test results and according to it, she is 74% Asian and is related to the Oroqen people, 15% European and 11% Native American.
Kiun did her schooling in Yakutsk.
After completing her schooling, she moved to Moscow in 2011 to study for a bachelor’s degree in Geology engineering from Gubkin Russian State University of Oil and Gas.
She graduated in 2016.
Then, Kiun decided to move to Germany to study for a master’s degree, but she chose to study in China as she was passionate about the Chinese language, and she also received a scholarship to study in China.
In 2016, she joined China University of Petroleum, Beijing to study for a master’s degree in petroleum (geology) engineering and graduated in 2019.
Kiun also studied at Beijing Institute of Economics and Management.
Career & starting a YouTube channel-
In March 2018, Kiun co-founded Wellcee and worked here until December 2021.
Here, her job involved video editing and later, she decided to start her own YouTube channel to share about her life in China.
Kiun started her eponymous YouTube channel on 23 July 2020 and started filming videos on her phone.
Later, she realised that people were more interested in learning about her hometown, Yakutsk rather than in China.
So, Kiun started producing videos related to her hometown.
She also has a website.
Becoming a successful YouTuber-
As of March 2023, Kiun has 851K subscribers on her eponymous YouTube channel.
In the beginning, it took her just a couple of months to acquire 200,000 subscribers.
In January 2022, Kiun received a Silver Play Button (Silver Creator Award) for crossing 100,000 subscribers.
She earns from a variety of sources like advertisements, Membership and ‘Super Thanks’ on her YouTube videos, selling merchandise, receiving sponsorships and she also accepts donations on Patreon.
She watches others’ viral videos on YouTube and analyses them for the reasons for their success and also religiously uses her YouTube Studio to learn about the ways to improve her channel.
Also, before shooting a video, Kiun writes the story for it and structures it properly and makes sure to fill up curiosity into her videos.
She uses Final Cut Pro for video editing and Canva for designing her thumbnails.
Kiun also has a couple other YouTube channels namely, Kiun B en Español and Kiun B Português.
As of March 2023, she has 198K subscribers on her Español YouTube channel and 150K subscribers on her Português channel.
Some interesting facts about Kiun & Yakutsk-
- Even though Yakutia is ice-cold most of the time, Kiun’s favourite season is winter. She finds the winter to be very interesting.
- During the winter time, the temperature in Yakutsk would normally be -50 °C (223.15 Kelvin).
- It is normal to keep the vehicles running all the time in Yakutsk otherwise they would freeze and travelling by bicycle is almost impossible.
- Some people park their vehicles inside warm portable garages by name, natasha.
- Thanks to the permafrost, there isn’t any underground car parking in Yakutsk.
- As a child, once, Kiun was stranded in a bus stop for 30 minutes. As it was very cold, she felt that her body was burning and also felt pain, so she started crying. Thankfully, later, the government built heated bus stops.
- Summer in Yakutia lasts only for a couple of months and the rest of the months it would be winter. In summer, a few people would cultivate cucumbers and tomatoes.
- The ground would be frozen most of the year, so cultivating food is nearly impossible. So, the residents import vegetables from abroad and this is very expensive.
- People here consume a lot of meat and they prepare delicacies from frozen raw fish and frozen raw meat.
- The main hobbies of people in Yakutia are ice fishing, ice skating and hunting (this is the favourite hobby of Yakutia men).
- Yakutsk is located at a distance of around 450 km of the Arctic Circle.
So, how are you inspired by the success story of Kiun B?
Share with me in the comment section below.
Table of Contents
Please Support This Site
It takes a lot of effort to research and produce content. If you are happy with my work, please support me by donating.