Joseph Pisenti is a popular YouTuber.
He has more than 7.2M subscribers on his YouTube channel, ‘RealLifeLore.’
Joseph is also an author.
Joseph Pisenti was born on 18 June 1993 in Santa Cruz, California, United States.
He grew up in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area in Texas.
Even though Joseph is an American, he has an Italian ethnicity and this qualifies him for an Italian citizenship.
In one of his 2017 YouTube videos, he stated that he would become an Italian.
In 2013, Joseph joined University of North Texas (UNT) in Denton, Texas to study for a bachelor’s degree in International Studies with a concentration in International Security and Diplomacy.
At UNT, he also did a minor in Russian Language and Literature.
Joseph graduated in 2016 with a GPA grade of 3.7.
During that time, his plan after graduating was either to become a U.S. diplomat and eventually an ambassador or to work for the United Nations or United States Foreign Service.
But as Joseph couldn’t secure his dream job, he returned to UNT in 2016 to study for his second degree, a bachelor’s degree in Economics.
In 2015, he worked as a valet and shuttle driver for FreedomPark Airport Valet Services.
Starting his YouTube channel-
Joseph started his YouTube channel, ‘RealLifeLore‘ on 15 February 2016 while in his final semester at UNT and started working on his channel in his spare time at the university.
The name RealLifeLore popped into his head randomly while he was driving to the college.
Since a young age, Joseph has been fascinated by maps, geography, history and economics and played games like Civilization IV, Age of Empires, etc. and all of these things made him more curious and influenced his video production process.
Dropping out of university to become a full-time YouTuber-
During the initial days, Joseph was overwhelmed by video production because he didn’t have the knowledge of animation and video editing but as he was inspired by the idea of sharing his creations and watching his YouTube channel grow, he continued working on it.
Even though RealLifeLore YouTube channel was started as a hobby project, later, he started seriously working on it.
Joseph dropped out of university in October 2017 when he was just six classes away from obtaining his economics degree to become a full-time YouTuber.
A successful YouTuber-
As of November 2023, he has 7.21M subscribers on ‘RealLifeLore’ YouTube channel and 233K followers on the Facebook page.
Joseph earns from advertisements on his YouTube videos, receiving sponsorships and selling merchandise.
His other channels-
On 8 April 2019, Joseph started his second YouTube channel ‘FakeLifeLore’ to publish videos on hypothetical things; currently, he is not active on this channel.
On 2 May 2019, Joseph along with JT Chapman of the Second Thought YouTube channel founded the ‘Grand Test Auto’ channel to review cars.
On 6 January 2021, he started another YouTube channel ‘BioArk’ focusing on biology and animals.
Joseph published his book titled- ‘Answers to Questions You’ve Never Asked‘ on 9 November 2017.
A Toyota fanboy-
At 16, Toyota Celica was Joseph’s first car and since then, he owned many Toyota cars.
He loves the reliability of Toyota cars and in one of his 2018 YouTube videos, he stated that he drives a Toyota Yaris.
Joseph greatly admires Toyota Corolla and uses it as a unit of measurement in many of his YouTube videos.
He lives in Grapevine, Texas, United States and is a gearhead.
Also read- The inspiring success story of Toyota.
Some interesting facts about Joseph Pisenti-
- Joseph has been long friends with other YouTubers like JT Chapman of Second Thought and Andrew Saladino of The Royal Ocean Film Society YouTube channels.
- His other favourite YouTube channels are Wendover Productions, Real Engineering, CGP Grey, minutephysics and Kurzgesagt.
- Joseph has a strong desire to travel to Point Nemo, as it is a very geographically significant place.
- Amsterdam is his most favourite city, and his other favourite cities are Seoul, Austin, Denver and San Francisco. His most favourite state is Texas.
- Cosmic Encounter (2008) is Joseph’s favourite board game and he also plays other games like Magic: The Gathering and Warhammer 40,000.
- He spent most of his 7th grade playing Halo 2.
- Game of Thrones, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Trailer Park Boys and Adventure Time are his favourite TV shows.
So, how are you inspired by the success story of Joseph Pisenti?
Share with me in the comment section below.
Enjoyed reading the story of Joseph Pisenti?
You’ll also love the hand-picked stories of-
- Jake Tran, a documentarian, and a popular YouTuber. He produces documentaries on money, power, war, & crime. Blue Ocean Strategy helped him to become successful at YouTube.
- Philipp Dettmer, the founder of Kurzgesagt, the most popular science YouTube channel with more than 21M subscribers. He was a Sunday Times and New York Times bestselling author.
- Cleo Abram, a video journalist, and a popular content creator. She worked at Vox and then went on to start her own show of optimistic tech explainers.
Table of Contents
Sharing is caring!
Researching and writing an article takes many days of effort; so, it would be nice if you share the article!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks to all of you curious readers, this website has crossed a million views!